Angela Bentley Fife's Artworld:

ANGELA BENTLEY FIFE'S ARTWORLD: all things right-brained.

Friday, September 12, 2008

Monet to Picasso

I went to the "Monet to Picasso" exhibit at the U yesterday. It is truly amazing to have so many historic paintings in one place in Utah. We are so fortunate to be able to view these without a plane trip to NY or Chicago. If you have not gone....you have a responsibility to support the arts....no you don't, but I do and if you want an afternoon of beauty, pack a lunch and head to the foothills. It is $15 per person which includes an audio tour (ok, not the best ever, my ADD got in the way of listening straight through, but at least it is free...sort of). It was kind of crowded, ugh, but worth it. And I think it is only there for 1 more week. Definitely worth the gas money and the cost of numerous postcards I bought for my studio wall.
My favorite of the entire show 
was Van Gogh's "Two Poplars". To see his paintings in life is a completely different experience than out of a book. There is so much life and passion in his paint. So Inspiring. I also thought I might try a landscape 'cezanne' style. (top painting). The little girl portrait is Renoir's earliest existing painting. And I bought a magnet, postcard, bag and notecards of Modigliani's woman....brother! The window painting is Monet's, a little haunting , which you know i love. 

No comments: