Angela Bentley Fife's Artworld:

ANGELA BENTLEY FIFE'S ARTWORLD: all things right-brained.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

School Starts!





So, the first of week of school has almost come to an end. My 2 older muses are there all day. The house is eerie quiet.
Naomi wondered what I would do all day and if baby cried all day without her sisters home. After day 1 she asked "Were you so bored and sad today without us?" and I said "Very"....(wink, wink). It has been a long time since I was able to paint long sessions 3 days in a row. My gallery in the avenues asked for some paintings for a SL magazine advertisement, hence the landscapes. I have been wanting to get back to the landscape, but haven't done it with the new baby. It was delightful to paint plein air again. These are all small, immediate paintings--about 2 - 3 hours each. At this rate I might run out of ideas, or worse burn myself out, or worse get cancer from the paint on my fingers as I munch on chocolate chips while I paint, or worse, forget I am a mom and be outside painting at 3:30, or worse never clean my house again, or worse swear off anything trivial and paint every second of every day...Ok, let's not get crazy! But these quiet days of painting and watching my 'Bravo' Reality competitions are really agreeing with me. And then I get everything cleaned up, brush my hair to welcome the muses home at 3:40. Glorious!

8 comments:

Andrea said...

Don't you just love Shear Genius? I think of you every time I watch it.

Frances said...

The flags look good! Naomi is such a crack up. Can I adopt her?

BrittanyLane said...

I'm also really enjoying quiet afternoons. It's so strange to have a SILENT house when baby is sleeping. Love your paintings. Three!! Kudos!

BrittanyLane said...

p.s. Thanks for the contest info. I entered the pencils.

Circe said...

Oh, it sounds like you were so sad and bored! Too bad you don't have a "hobby." hee hee...and Happy birthday to Grandma Muse. 96 is quite an accomplishment.

Kate said...

I'm addicted to your blog. These new paintings are fantastic!

leif said...

may i say Beautimous? i love your new cityscapes, i especially like the composition and the flag. yay for school, and seriously, clean shmean, so overrated. love the portrait too. its nice how little is really on the surface chels

leif said...

i'm doing a post on two tumbleweeds about you manana. man that is such the camel on my back. paint sista, paint!