Angela Bentley Fife's Artworld:

ANGELA BENTLEY FIFE'S ARTWORLD: all things right-brained.

Friday, May 21, 2010

For Sophie
























I did this commission for a dear friend in North Carolina. Her husband ordered it for her birthday, sent me the dress of their daughter, Sophie, and surprised her. Maybe the award for the best husband of the year goes to Joe. I am flattered he entrusted me with the job of immortalizing little Sophie. I hope they love it forever.

The process of this painting also made me think about how fast time flies, and how fast our little babies grow into tweens and beyond....yikes. I miss the babies, but am loving the conversations and different relationships that grow as my kids grow. I have changed so much since I was pregnant with my first little girl 12 years ago. I almost feel like a different person. I am less judgemental of myself and others, I am more laid back and have so much more perspective about what is important to me, I like parts of my personality that I didn't know existed,, that can only come out through being a mother. I am grateful for my life and all the experiences we have had in the last 12 years.

3 comments:

chelsea b james said...

that is the most precious post. I can't wait for a family commission of clothes when my runts grow older. I hope you will still be doing them. You are such a good mommy, i can't wait for a family of my own.

chelsea b james said...

that is the most precious post. I can't wait for a family commission of clothes when my runts grow older. I hope you will still be doing them. You are such a good mommy, i can't wait for a family of my own.

hbentley said...

Love the picture. I love that your friends husband went to all that work to surprise her. Times does fly!!! I need to do better at living in today and enjoying it.