Angela Bentley Fife's Artworld:

ANGELA BENTLEY FIFE'S ARTWORLD: all things right-brained.

Friday, January 9, 2009

Positive Thoughts


It's a new year, with a new attitude, and new goals, and renewed strength.
The Christmas season really did a number on my motivation to paint and my productivity. I haven't painted for a few weeks and I have a bad mood to prove it. My Studio is a disaster and I have no set deadlines. 
I did get a call last week that I would be featured in 'Southwest Art' magazine as the 'Artist to Watch' in March. I am so so excited and completely honored. They are going to print 2 or 3 of my paintings and a short article about me. I had the phone interview last week which was nerve-racking. Trying to sound intelligent while changing and bathing the baby is not an easy task.....Let's cross our fingers that I don't sound like a complete idiot.... 
Anyway, it is perfect timing for me as my Salt Lake gallery has closed and I need another gallery. I would also love to expand to Arizona, Colorado, or California. So if I am lucky, maybe some great gallery will see my work in this magazine....My art goal for the year 2009 is to find a few new galleries. Unfortunately, it is not totally under my control. So, I am determined to clean my studio this week and get re-motivated to start a new series. Positive thoughts sent out into the universe.

4 comments:

Frances said...

Congratulations Angela! How exciting. I love seeing your new art and I'm a big fan...see you've already expanded to Ohio. You're all over the place!!

BrittanyLane said...

That is so great! You're amazing- I'm sure the galleries will be calling. I can't wait to see...

chelsea b james said...

my sis is famous. can't wait until this baby hits the stands. oh yeah. ps.. that fudge you gave me, aaaamazing.

this bright day said...

this makes my heart happy for you. congrats ang!