Angela Bentley Fife's Artworld:

ANGELA BENTLEY FIFE'S ARTWORLD: all things right-brained.

Friday, October 9, 2009

Yummiest Cake


If you are looking for a easy and unique (semi-fancy) dessert for dinner tonight or maybe for your wedding next week, look no further. This Swedish Almond cake has been to so many of our family parties, everyone is claiming it as their own invention. We shamelessly stole it from my cousin Shauna who is an amazing naturally talented cook. I served it to book club who asked me to post it maybe 3 months ago (sorry but thanks for the reminder Amanda) and then my other cousin and I made a zillion for a family wedding last month. And I still could eat an entire sheet pan. Who couldn't? And don't be dismayed by all the butter on the counter. Our cakes served at least a dozen guests.....ok hundreds.
I suggest you make this cake one of your go-to memorized recipes to impress your mother-in-law next time you are staying at her house. Tell her you will whip something up for dessert. Then use no notes and say you just thought of it or tasted it at a little Swedish cafe and wanted to try it yourself. I swear I am going to do that. Start memorizing. Your sneaky little secret is safe with me.














Swedish Almond Cake:
1 c flour
1 c sugar
1 stick butter, melted
1 t. almond extract
2 eggs

Mix together. Pour into a regular pie tin. 350 degrees for 30 minutes. You don't need to grease the pans. I am pretty sure there is enough butter in the cake.
3 times the recipe in a jelly roll sheet pan for a big crowd (or wedding).
So good to serve warm. Top with mixed berries and whipped cream.
Then eat the leftovers for breakfast with or without the fruit and cream....
Enjoy!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Thanks, Ang! Can't wait to try it!

Andrea said...

I wonder if that's the same cake that Stace's mother-in-law makes for neighbors every Christmas. Is yours really dense? Either way, it sounds yummy!!

Elisa said...

I used to make this cake all the time when I was a kid because it was so easy and my mom never kept any sweets around the house. I've asked her for the recipe but she says she's lost it...now I have it again, thanks to you!!!