Angela Bentley Fife's Artworld:

ANGELA BENTLEY FIFE'S ARTWORLD: all things right-brained.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Sammy

I did this painting a year or so ago, and it was from a drawing I did forever ago. And it ended up looking more like my sister-in-law, Sammy,than the actual model. So.....I gave it to her for Christmas. Seems presumptuous, I know, but I think she loved it and did not think I was being an egomaniac by giving her one of my paintings for Christmas. I told her it was a portrait I did of her from all the nights I spent spying on her and I took all those memories and worked really hard to create a custom portrait of her (nude) for Christmas. I hope she never finds out it was just an unfortunate mistake that turned into a creepy fluke.
Merry Christmas Sammy!

2 comments:

Frances said...

It really does look like Sammy. It's hard to believe you weren't watching her...really hard to believe.

sammy said...

Yes, it is hard to believe you weren't watching me...I guess that explains all the Code Red cans I found in my backyard. I love the painting, Ang!!!