Angela Bentley Fife's Artworld:

ANGELA BENTLEY FIFE'S ARTWORLD: all things right-brained.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

In Progress

I have been working on this painting for a week or so, and I thought I was almost done. The husband thinks (in his weekly critique that I make him give me) that it is too busy. Should I take out the pattern behind the  mannequin? or take out the pictures behind the fabric and just make the background the black fabric? I am not sure what to do......He usually is right even though I never think so at first. Anyone...anyone...?

3 comments:

BrittanyLane said...

I like the idea of the images in the background, but I think the white border around the top image is too contrasting and distracts from the central focal point. It's coming beautifully!

Emily said...

yeah maybe knock the pattern down a little, and or put a darker glaze over the pictures? that is my feeble suggestion....
mister josh is always right too, although i have stopped asking him. regardless he offers it up...

Emily said...

ps- the wall paper is dreamy, i see your hesitation in touching it..